Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cheese Run

Yesterday we made a day trip up to Nanuki which is near the equator. We go there about every three months because we like the little airport cafe and we get cheese to shred and put in our freezer. This first picture is of a cafe latte that Angie got when we went to a coffee place called Savannah's in downtown Nairobi. It's the first time we have tried Savannah's and it was pretty good. We still like our Java though!

It's been raining quite a lot lately in Nairobi and north of here. We've seen quite a few rainbow's lately which can be very colorful.


At Silent Valley Cheese we were met with about half a mile of muddy road to get through if we were to get cheese. Welllll, we all enjoyed the slipping and sliding and slinging of mud, but I probably enjoyed it a little more than the others.


We were able to pick up our cheese, but also quite a lot of mud which we ended up having to wash off the car today. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of that though.

On the way back we stopped along the road and picked up some great deals. The whole stalk of bananas and bunch of carrots were a great deal. Only put us out about $3 for all of it.



The carrots here are very good and some are pretty big as you can see.

Then today we started shredding and ended up with all this! Plus a bonus of blue cheese for me. I crumbled it all up and would like to make a few recipe's from it.









All put away in the freezer. It nearly filled it up as you can see.









3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's alot of cheese. THe bananas look alittle green and are those the mini bananas? I saw those in the grocery store the other day, first time I saw mini ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang..your latte looks great. I wish you and I could sit down and have our "golden hour" times again and have some latte together. It looks like you are staying busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of the carrots! After we started growing our own I realized nothing tastes as good and sweet as truly fresh carrots! Okay, I was jealous of the latte, too..... :) But I'm back on Turkish coffee!

    ReplyDelete