Sunday, June 7, 2009

Favorite things and daily life things...

Since Micah wrote last week, I (Angie) thought maybe I'd let you know some of the things in my week that are my favorites and not so favorite. :) First of all my (and I think "our") favorite place to eat is Java House. It is like a Starbucks that serves American food. We go here every Sunday after church, and sadly enough order the same things! We even have the same server each time and she knows what we want. Ok, Kurt is the only one who changes it up a bit. Micah always orders cheeseburger/fries/double mocha milkshake, me - Malindi chai latte (of course extra hot!) bagel with cream cheese, Kurt does always get a double latte - but then something different each time. Kurt says I like Sundays best as it is the only day I actually "know" what we are going to do! Here is a picture of my chai - isn't it beautiful! :)





One of my favorite places to go too is called Toi market. It is about 5 miles from our home. It is a huge tarp covered "city" of vendors selling used and some new items - which most items are used from the US. You can find: sheets, blankets, clothes, socks, bags, rugs. They also have veggies etc. You do have to bargain and really look over the item before you buy as it could have holes or be stained etc. I have bought a number of things already for our house like, fitted sheets for $3-$4. In the stores a set would be about $60!

This is my favorite place to be here at our house. Our little back yard. We now have a few chairs and hopefully a table in the next few months.










Some of my favorite foods here are the yogurts and I'm so happy the have Diet Coke - only called Coke light here. Also every morning Kurt and I have a mango and sweet bananas (small little ones) for bkfst.














This is Tumaini Counseling Center where I go two days a week to help in the library. It is of
course one of my favorite places to be as it is so quiet, has beautiful gardens and of course all the wonderful self-help books you could want to read! :)






Here are a few things that are becoming more of my favorite things. First of all this is the car we drive that is provided to us by Samaritan's Purse. It is a 2003 Subaru Legacy, stick shift. I know how to drive stick - but everything is backwards here - the drivers side is on the right hand side, and the stick is on the left - and wipers, blinkers etc. are opposite, add in that you also drive on the left side of the road - and often drivers do not follow road rules, it can be a bit confusing. :o




Here is my washing machine. I am very thankful for it - but it only can be used when we have enough water pressure, or when we turn the water pump on, or if I fill it myself with water. I'm still getting used to the fact that I can't just turn it on and leave it as I have to make sure I'm there for the rinse cycle to add water, or it won't fill. eek....

Also, here is our water filter that we use for all cooking, drinking, rinsing veggies and fruits.














Last but not least. This picture doesn't have anything to do with my favorites - but I just had to put this in for Brandon. We had our good friends over last weekend for a bbq. Can you believe that Kurt even made veggie burgers for them! They are vegetarians and we still wanted to bbq. They were pretty good! So, Kurt and Micah were talking with them about Myth Busters and the Menthos & Coke experiment. So what do you think they had to try??? Yes, our cheap entertainment! :)


We won't be posting to the blog next week as we'll be all flying with Kurt on a trip and be back on Monday.







5 comments:

  1. I always appreciate your updates! Somehow, many of your favorite things didn't surprise me too much! Hot chai??? You like it hot??? Yes, our coffee here was never hot enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would know your favorites would be similiar to mine, except the Light Coke. Can't do that. How cool that you have a Java place so close. Yummy fruit---my mouth is watering just looking at the mango.
    Hey, there are never too many self-help books, so keep it up.....
    Thanks for your regular up-dates. I look forward to them.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. It's so good to hear from you guys again. Good pics, that would be my kind of place to eat too. Good job on those veggie burgers, did you make them y ourself or buy ready to grill?
    Take care,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a big help, Ang. Thanks. It's really nice to have a more acurate picture of your life & travels. That chair on your back porch... i could relax there...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coffee house looks wonderful.
    I wish we could go there for coffee together : )

    ReplyDelete